The POP Project is a 100% volunteer-driven organization.
We need your help in order to be the best we can be for our community. We are currently accepting new volunteers with any level of interest and experience, including single day, short term, and long term dedicated volunteers.
We are always looking for more help to perform these important duties:
- Collect and sort through book donations* – We take in as many as 300 books a week, which must be sorted by interest, genre, and binding.
- Make book deliveries* – Delivering books is what we do, and you can help, too! We have established relationships with organizations and centers in WNC who accept regular donations from us. Locations range from Buncombe, Henderson, and Madison Counties, so you can still help even if you don’t live in town.
- Suggest New Agencies* – We currently have a surplus of adult fiction and nonfiction books. Please contact usif you know of any agencies or organizations in Asheville, Buncombe County, or Western North Carolina who would benefit from a greater access to books.
- Represent POP at local community meetings – We try to make quarterly appearances at several coalitions and community groups, but could expand our participation with help.
- Act on the Board of Directors – Do you have lots of volunteer experience and want to step up your involvement? We’re a growing 501(c)3 with two open board positions. Click here to download an application.
- Research and write grants – Help us grow in size and scope. We’re interested in grants ranging from small local ones all the way up. If you are a certified or experienced grant writer, please contact us about our commission policies.
- Create a video – Nothing captures the fun and excitement of the POP Project like video. We’re always looking for short, social media-ready videos of our events, volunteer opportunities, and more. Contact us if you can help.
The items listed with a star (*) above are also suitable for first-time or single-day volunteers.
More Ways to Volunteer
Click on the links below for more information about each topic, or contact us for more information.
- Pre-scheduled volunteer opportunities
- Group volunteer activities
- Host a drop box at your business
- Organize a children’s book drive
The POP Project appreciates your interest in our services and looks forward to hearing from you.