Give thanks by Giving!Local this Holiday Season!
After last year’s successful inaugural Give!Local season, the program is coming back bigger than ever in 2016. And after our success in it, POP is excited to have been chosen again as a recipient nonprofit.
In 2015, Give!Local raised more than $37,000 for 30 local nonprofits. This year, the program aims to raise $100,000 for 47 area causes. We know we can do it—with your help!
Mark the first week of November in your calendar as the time to pick up the Mountain Xpress with the glossy Give!Local program booklet insert. And begin planning your gifts to the POP Project and our sister organizations listed below.
~ Give!Local runs November 1–December 31 ~
WHAT IS GIVE!LOCAL?
The Give!Local online fundraising program is a Mountain Xpress initiative that allows donors to make a big impact through micro-donations. By giving a few dollars to any or all of the 47 participating nonprofits, you’re able to complete all your annual holiday giving at one time and on one secure site.
But nonprofits aren’t the only ones reaping rewards. Based on your total donations, you will receive incentives from local businesses in return. The larger your collective donation, the more incentives you receive.
With the same love behind it for local development as the Buy Local/Shop Local movements, Give!Local aims to develop a new generation of donors while strengthening nonprofits that benefit the local community. Each nonprofit receives 100% of donations made to them, minus online credit card fees.
HOW DOES GIVE!LOCAL WORK?
Give $1 to a new nonprofit you’ve never heard of. Give $20 to your favorite cause in town. Split another $150 among another half dozen nonprofits. Where and how much money you give is entirely up to you.
SPECIAL INCENTIVES FOR POP DONORS: Spellbound Children’s Bookshop will offer 50% off a Book of the Month subscription ($90–$300 value) to all POP Project donors of $100+.
Once you have completed your donations for the season, you simply check out once through the secure online platform. After December 31, nonprofits like POP (we’re in the Arts section) receive 100% of your donation, minus online credit card fees.
Based on your total giving level, you too, are able to cash in—at a variety of local businesses. At the first of the year, you’ll receive a coupon book, any incentives specific to the nonprofits you supported, and (fingers crossed!) one of the Big Give Day grand prizes.
Giving back while getting in return? Sounds like a win-win to us!
HOW DO I DONATE THROUGH GIVE!LOCAL?
- Starting November 1, visit givelocalguide.org and search the five main nonprofit categories (Community, Youth, Animals, Arts, and Environment). POP is included in the Arts section.
- Make your donations. The minimum gift per nonprofit is $1, and the minimum total to check out is $5. We appreciate as much support as you have to give, but where and how much money you give is entirely up to you.
- Choose your incentives. Total gifts of $10 or more entitle you to a selection of great incentives from local businesses. If you give during one of the Big Giving Days (see below), you will be automatically entered to win those additional incentives.
- Check out through the secure payment page.
- Feel good about doing good. You’ve made a difference to POP and perhaps several other nonprofits who depend on community support to complete our mission. Thank you.
WHAT ARE BIG GIVE DAYS?
There are several Big Give dates scheduled throughout the Give!Local fundraising timeframe. On these days, donors pledging $20 or more will be entered to win special Big Give prizes, including seasonal tickets, gift certificates, and even a home assessment. Check out the Give!Local guide to see what cool prizes are being offered during each of these dates:
- Big Give Week, November 1–7: Home Improvement Package
- Big Thanks Give Week, November 20–26: 2016 Big Mystery Prize
- Big Give Weekend, December 2–4: Romance Package
- Big Give Weekend, December 16–18: Adventure Package
WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?
That’s a question you’ll have to answer yourself. But don’t think about it too long. Go to givelocalguide.org and make your donation today!