Give!Local this Holiday Season!
Give!Local is coming back again this season, bigger and better than ever! And POP is excited to have been chosen again as a recipient nonprofit.
For 2017, the program aims to raise $100,000 for 37 hyper-local nonprofits. We know we can do it—with your help!
Mark the first week of November in your calendar as the time to pick up the Mountain Xpress with the glossy Give!Local program booklet insert. And begin planning your gifts to the POP Project and our sister organizations in the area.
~ Give!Local runs November 1–December 31 ~
WHAT IS GIVE!LOCAL?
The Give!Local online fundraising program is a Mountain Xpress initiative that allows donors to make a big impact through micro-donations. By giving a few dollars to any or all of the 37 participating nonprofits, you’re able to complete all your annual holiday giving at one time and on one secure site.
But nonprofits aren’t the only ones reaping rewards. Based on your total donations, you will receive incentives from local businesses in return. The larger your collective donation, the more incentives you receive.
With the same love behind it for local development as the Buy Local/Shop Local movements, Give!Local aims to develop a new generation of donors while strengthening nonprofits that benefit the local community. Each nonprofit receives 100% of donations made to them.
HOW DOES GIVE!LOCAL WORK?
Give $1 to a new nonprofit you’ve never heard of. Give $20 to your favorite cause in town. Split another $150 among another half dozen nonprofits. Where and how much money you give is entirely up to you.
SPECIAL INCENTIVES FOR POP DONORS: Spellbound Children’s Bookshop will offer 50% off a Book of the Month subscription ($90–$300 value) to all POP Project donors of $100+.
Once you have added your donations to your digital basket, you simply check out once through the secure online platform. After December 31, nonprofits like POP (we’re in the Arts section) receive 100% of your donation, free of credit card fees.
Based on your total giving level, you too, are able to cash in—at a variety of local businesses.At the first of the year, you’ll receive a coupon book with local incentives for retail and restaurants all over town, as well as any incentives specific to the nonprofits you supported.
Giving back while getting in return? Sounds like a win-win to us!
HOW DO I DONATE THROUGH GIVE!LOCAL?
- Starting NOW and running through December 31, visit givelocalguide.org and search the five main nonprofit categories (Community, Youth, Animals, Arts, and Environment). POP is included in the Arts section.
- Make your donations. The minimum gift per nonprofit is $1, and the minimum total to check out is $5. We appreciate as much support as you have to give, but where and how much money you give is entirely up to you.
- Choose your incentives. Total gifts of $10 or more entitle you to a selection of great incentives from local businesses. If you give during one of the Big Giving Days (see below), you will be automatically entered to win those additional incentives.
- Check out through the secure payment page.
- Feel good about doing good. You’ve made a difference to POP and perhaps several other nonprofits who depend on community support to complete our mission. Thank you.
WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?
That’s a question you’ll have to answer yourself. But don’t think about it too long. Go to givelocalguide.org and make your donation today!